- Memory issues led to the Rooms app crashing on some iOS displays. This was mitigated with quick releases by our Rooms team, app versions 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. This is fully resolved with the next release, 3.1.0, out soon.
- Some lucky ghost meetings slipped by unnoticed - we fixed an issue where events were not auto-unbooking when they were supposed to.
- A series of
unfortunaterepeating events: we'll no longer delete the whole series if you edit the first instance.
- Patched a glaring issue: some devices were reverting to 100% brightness, in spite of their settings. Glare be gone.
- Some weekly digest emails and data exports contained incorrect event counts. We now crunch numbers correctly.
- Fixed an issue where timezones in the event composer and Schedule > Calendar page did not match.
- Device Status filters were missing from System Status - they are now back in action.
- Registering for an account via SSO threw strange errors for a handful of people.
- For a brief moment, our Support chat feature wasn't available. Don't worry -- we patched this quickly. You can always contact Ben, Dan, and Lauren using the chat in the bottom right of your screen.
Fixed in January 2018
Introducing customizable scheduling policies
We're giving you more ways to manage your office. New scheduling policies allow you to set more granular permissions on a space-by-space basis, so everyone knows how to best use meeting spaces in your office.
Better permissions mean fewer moved meetings & schedule adjustments.
Here's a look at what you can manage:
- Want to make sure the room isn't booked for more than 2 hour blocks? Set the maximum reservation length.
- Restrict bookings with max future date and limit the number of meetings reserved too far ahead of time.
- Too many recurring events hogging a popular room? Remove the option to reserve with recurrence
Check out scheduling policies and more from Office Settings > Spaces
Can I apply scheduling policies to all of the spaces in a level/building/campus? Great question! That's in the works. Stay tuned.
New Integration: BlueJeans + Robin
We're constantly improving ways to get things done within Robin. Creating an event should be quick and easy, and we're excited to share the latest and greatest update making that possible: video conferencing integrations.
Now you can create an event, invite team members, book the right space, and add a link to BlueJeans conference calls, all without leaving Robin.
- Looking for instructions on how to connect? Using BlueJeans in Robin will help get you started.
In case you missed it: we added support for Zoom earlier this month, originally in beta-only mode. We've released to the masses, so you can connect for your organization today.
Not using either Zoom or BlueJeans to video conference? Fear not -- other integrations are on the way! Next up: Skype for Business.
Your availability now front & center in Schedule
New in Schedule -- we added your availability to the overview of the whole office.
It's easy to spot time for a quick meeting on your calendar and make sure a preferred space is available.
Book directly from Schedule, finish details. and add invitees from the Event Composer.
Add Zoom links to your meetings
Last month we put the finishing touches on the beta Zoom integration, allowing you to easily create Zoom meetings right from our Dashboard. As an added bonus, Mobile users enjoy the ability to add or join Zoom meetings from their phones.
For more info on the integration, check out our guide to using Zoom in Robin.
We're rolling out the Zoom beta to organizations in the coming weeks. Interested in ringing in the New Year with the Zoom beta? Reach out and we’ll speed things up for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
iOS Update Today & Coming Soon
A few folks reported cases of Room Displays that were sleeping on the job. As of today, you should start to see improvements with devices staying awake and Robin running in the foreground. Head over to the App Store to install the latest version.
What's next? We're almost ready to release features that support MDM. If you're anxiously awaiting Autonomous Single App Mode, this one is for you.
Fixed in November 2017
- Patched an issue that caused some Chrome users with the plugin to experience sluggish performance
- Fixed an issue that prevented deselecting a building or choosing all locations from System Status
- Updated messages now reveal when Analytics doesn't have data to show (i.e. no calendars connected = no event data)
- Some organizations were seeing single digits for total events and invitee counts. We know you had more than one meeting last month - total counts have been restored
- Locations with 10+ Room Displays were unable to view System Status for all devices. We'll now retrieve every device
- We changed device vital warnings from yellow to red, the international symbol of panic and alerts
- We were throwing multiple error messages when adding a new calendar, if your plan did not support any more spaces. We now show to correct message
- Handful of UX fixes, like improving the new Timeline so tooltips do not overlap
- An ARE YOU SURE message will now pop up when applying default settings to all devices in a building
- A small number of typos we're ashamed to admit have been resolved. "Dispay" is not a word, but our dismay at that typo is very real
When do you want it? Book Now
Our mobile app gets you one step closer to immediate satisfaction. While viewing an available space, you'll now see the option to Book now and create an event for 15, 30, or 60 mins.
Other updates include support for the fancy new iPhone X and fixes to the availability bar.
Time for a new Timeline
The new and improved timeline view lets you easily create new events by selecting available time windows from Schedule.
Hovering over existing events previews details like meeting title and invitee count.
Future efforts will make way for assigned seats and desk reservations, better grouping of spaces by level, and more information in the form of icons.
A quick look at the upcoming Desks timeline:
"Do not require check in" for VIP events
For events too important to remove from the calendar, Admins now have the ability to exempt certain meetings from the harsh reality of check ins.
Do not require check in when creating an event will ensure the Board Meeting next month isn't removed when no one checks in.
Over the next month or so, booking policies will allow Important Business Executives to skip check ins entirely. While no one in our office is above the law, we accept that some events or people are more special than others.
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Robin Powered will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree