For some folks, customizing Room Display colors was too much of an adventure and crashed the app. We now make sure that you select real color choices.
Analytics exports disappeared for a few organizations. Those have been put back in place.
Custom colors for Room Displays can again be applied across the whole building - “apply to all devices” was temporarily broken.
Fixed an issue that caused some Chrome users trouble when logging in.
You may have experienced crushed dreams when attempting to create events from the Schedule view.
Resolved an issue where space pages were coming up blank for a few organizations.
UX fixes included better text alignment i.e. super-long-names-dropping-off-the-page. We also threw in added breathing room to the invitees section.
Added text to an otherwise empty button on device pairing. In the poetic words of our developer's issue summary, “What was once missing is now back in place.”
Fixed in March 2018
Status Board: display your whole office in action
Uncover hidden parts of the office and display what's going on, in real-time and on the big screen. Read all about it on the blog, then get started from the Dashboard: Settings > Devices > Status Board
Here's a mini (but mighty!) preview
Choose your own adventure: custom colors for Room Displays
While we're fond of stoplight colors (red, yellow, green) to showcase availability, you can now customize Room Display overlay colors. Match company brand guidelines or pick your favorite pastels or neons, the choice is yours.
In addition to choosing colors that reflect a favorite sports team or match your company logo to represent In Use/Available, you can eliminate the third state (yellow) which represents Booked.
Fixed in February
- Updates were made to Analytics > Leaderboard. Proper percentages are now shown for change increase/decrease.
- Suggested Spaces were missing for a handful of organizations. We will continue to make suggestions for everyone.
- Fixed an issue that caused timezones to go haywire when moving meetings in the Schedule view.
- We added even better explanations for folks running into errors with calendar connections.
- Fixed an issue that was hiding all invitees in the event composer.
- A number of improvements were made to our soon-to-be-released Maps.
- Patched inconsistencies for Analytics. Now Leaderboard, Overview, and weekly emails provide a single source of truth for the data.
- Room Displays were showing the event organizers despite privacy settings. Identities are now concealed upon request.
- Mobile iOS notifications weren’t reliably firing to start events. This was fixed at the end of February, so you have one less excuse for lateness.
MDM support for even better device management
The Rooms app now integrates nicely with mobile device management system (MDM) providers. For those not in the know, MDM helps IT teams deploy apps and configure settings for tens, hundreds, or thousands of devices at once.
With MDM support, you can now deploy Rooms to all of your displays at once and troubleshoot faster if devices fall offline.
- Automatically pair new displays managed through MDM. As a result, setting up 100 new Room Displays requires fewer than 10 clicks.
- With Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM), an app running in ASAM will automatically drop out of single app mode after certain trigger actions (e.g., dropping wifi) to enable troubleshooting, and automatically return once everything is back to normal.
To get started and learn more:
Available for iOS - support for Android became available in March.
Fixed in January 2018
- Memory issues led to the Rooms app crashing on some iOS displays. This was mitigated with quick releases by our Rooms team, app versions 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. This is fully resolved with the next release, 3.1.0, out soon.
- Some lucky ghost meetings slipped by unnoticed - we fixed an issue where events were not auto-unbooking when they were supposed to.
- A series of
unfortunaterepeating events: we'll no longer delete the whole series if you edit the first instance.
- Patched a glaring issue: some devices were reverting to 100% brightness, in spite of their settings. Glare be gone.
- Some weekly digest emails and data exports contained incorrect event counts. We now crunch numbers correctly.
- Fixed an issue where timezones in the event composer and Schedule > Calendar page did not match.
- Device Status filters were missing from System Status - they are now back in action.
- Registering for an account via SSO threw strange errors for a handful of people.
- For a brief moment, our Support chat feature wasn't available. Don't worry -- we patched this quickly. You can always contact Ben, Dan, and Lauren using the chat in the bottom right of your screen.
Introducing customizable scheduling policies
We're giving you more ways to manage your office. New scheduling policies allow you to set more granular permissions on a space-by-space basis, so everyone knows how to best use meeting spaces in your office.
Better permissions mean fewer moved meetings & schedule adjustments.
Here's a look at what you can manage:
- Want to make sure the room isn't booked for more than 2 hour blocks? Set the maximum reservation length.
- Restrict bookings with max future date and limit the number of meetings reserved too far ahead of time.
- Too many recurring events hogging a popular room? Remove the option to reserve with recurrence
Check out scheduling policies and more from Office Settings > Spaces
Can I apply scheduling policies to all of the spaces in a level/building/campus? Great question! That's in the works. Stay tuned.
New Integration: BlueJeans + Robin
We're constantly improving ways to get things done within Robin. Creating an event should be quick and easy, and we're excited to share the latest and greatest update making that possible: video conferencing integrations.
Now you can create an event, invite team members, book the right space, and add a link to BlueJeans conference calls, all without leaving Robin.
- Looking for instructions on how to connect? Using BlueJeans in Robin will help get you started.
In case you missed it: we added support for Zoom earlier this month, originally in beta-only mode. We've released to the masses, so you can connect for your organization today.
Not using either Zoom or BlueJeans to video conference? Fear not -- other integrations are on the way! Next up: Skype for Business.
Your availability now front & center in Schedule
New in Schedule -- we added your availability to the overview of the whole office.
It's easy to spot time for a quick meeting on your calendar and make sure a preferred space is available.
Book directly from Schedule, finish details. and add invitees from the Event Composer.
Add Zoom links to your meetings
Last month we put the finishing touches on the beta Zoom integration, allowing you to easily create Zoom meetings right from our Dashboard. As an added bonus, Mobile users enjoy the ability to add or join Zoom meetings from their phones.
For more info on the integration, check out our guide to using Zoom in Robin.
We're rolling out the Zoom beta to organizations in the coming weeks. Interested in ringing in the New Year with the Zoom beta? Reach out and we’ll speed things up for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Robin Powered will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree